Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Coming together
















As you know, I am not the best at importing pictures and having them actually go where I want them to go but I will make a valiant attempt!
We have a before picture of the kitchen(with the wall already down), the new floor with the first coat of sealer (it has mellowed quite a bit!), and the new cabinets without the counter tops and hardware, hmmm or appliances. I chose the cabinet hardware yesterday and they will be installed soon. They come this weekend to make the template for the counter tops, black granite with chocolate flecks, and they will be installed next week. We are finishing the recessed lights in the kitchen and dining room. The pendant lights over the island are on the to-do-list, as well. We have lots of patching of walls, painting of patching and trim work to complete before they do the final coats on the floor. We still don't know if we can keep the current backsplash. I am looking forward to having the dishwasher, microwave, frig and sink back in the kitchen. The back porch and downstairs are very crowded with kitchen paraphenanlia. (sp) We aren't uncovering the new floors until all of the construction work is finished!

Now I have to say, my heart is bursting with gratitude. NEVER did I think that we could or would do this to our little split-entry house! When the cabinet maker came and installed the new cabinets, it was all I could do to not break down in front of him. After they left I went to my room and bawled and thanked my Father in Heaven for all of these great blessings that are being poured out to us. Tithing blessings, tender mercies.... All I know is my heart is full. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who works so hard during the day and then works so hard with me in the evenings to accomplish this transformation. What a man!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference. It looks wonderful. I love the cabinets and the tile back splash! I can't wait to see it when we come up next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie it looks so nice...you guys did great! Pleae call and show it off to me when it is all put together!

    ReplyDelete