Friday, March 27, 2009

That's good. No, that's bad!

I have wanted to blog for awhile but didn't have a cute picture. Oh well, here is a blog with no cute picture where everyone says, "oh, sweet!" I am blogging in the style of one of my favorite children's books.

Ryan and Kristin are moving to the Dalles Oregon on Monday. That's good! NO! That's bad. None of our children will be living in Spokane! They didn't even ask if they could take the grandkids with them, rude! Who am I going to babysit now? What excuse can I make up to make cookies now? Who can I cuddle with that still fits on my lap? Craig is cute but he doesn't fit on my lap! I will miss them more than I can say. There is comfort in having some family close.

Ryan and Kristin are moving to the Dalles on Monday. That's bad. NO! That's good. They are making great choices for their future. Ryan is continuing with his schooling so he can provide well for his family. It will be a great adventure for their them. Kristin will get to live by her mom, the normal one! From what I have heard the Dalles is fabulous. It is warm and sunny and right along the Columbia river which is beautiful. It is only four and half hours away, not the East Coast!

To tell you the truth, I miss my kids. Everyday I wish we lived closer. I know they are all their own families now but this transition stuff is difficult! You would think it would be a breeze by now. We have been saying good-bye to Ryan since he was eighteen, both of the boys served missions and Kristen went away to school. Get a grip, Carrie!

I guess Craig and I will be spending alot of time traveling. . . Sorry kids. Blow up the mattresses!

2 comments:

  1. Hey carrie, so excited to find your blog. Hope you don't mind...I added you to our list.

    Thats exciting news about Ryan and his family...but sad for you. Thank goodness they are still a little close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you promise to bring a pump, Ive tried to blow those things up and I don't have the wind power!! We miss you too! Come as soon as you find time!

    ReplyDelete